Denon serial control

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
chocolate

Denon serial control

Post by chocolate »

Hi all,

I have a Denon AVR-3803 which I could control with girder via rs-232. I would like to do the same now with housebot. I just have to send ascii codes via rs-232 to the reciever to control it. I created the hardware interface in housebot with all the ascii codes under the command configuration. I just can't figure out how to get the rest done. The device configuration is not very clear to me. So can somebody help me out here or does somebody has the same reciever and is willing to share the setup files with me?
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Your next step is to create a Device Definition that describes the properties and functions of the Denon equipment. You do this by creating Properties (like Power State, A/V Status, etc.) and assigning each Property one or more Property Values. You then create a Device that is built from the definition. After the Device is created, you can associated the RS-232 commands that you have in the Generic Serial Hardware Interface to Property values of the Device.

For a detailed description of this:
  • Click on Help/Plugin Help... from the main menu.
  • Doubleclick the Sample Serial Device from the list.
This should get you most of the way there (hopefully all of the way there). If you have more questions, let me know.
Scott