Support for X-10's new CM15a ?

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
triggle

Support for X-10's new CM15a ?

Post by triggle »

I am evaluating Housebot 2.15 to see if it will fit into my environment but I have no X-10 interface that will work with it so I am faced with a decision to get a new X-10 interface. I am considering the CM15a as it appears the CM11a is obsolete. If it is not possible to use the CM15a without creating a plug-in I will have to rethink my purchase.

:?
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

I don't really know what the CM15a is. SmartHome has the CM11a. I've not heard it's obsolete, but they never call me. :wink:

I'd actually recommend the PowerLinc USB X10 adapter if you're looking for something new.
Scott
triggle

Post by triggle »

The CM15a is X-10's USB replacement for the CM11a. It does ALL Housecode powerline X-10 2-way as well as ALL Housecode RF transceiver. Downloadable and upgradeable. May also function as a receiver for their wireless cams. Marketed as the ActiveHome Pro.
triggle

X-10 SDK for the CM15a

Post by triggle »

Scottbot

Can I asume you are the person who is developing HouseBot ?

The SDK for the CM15a is being offered free of charge. Not sure if the free part is a one-time deal or not. They are also several example programs to demonstrate the SDKs usage.

Here's a link to the SDK in case you want to roll in support for the CM15a.

Might be worth a boo.

http://www.x10.com/activehomeprosdk

:o
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Thanks for the link.
Scott
lordjeff

CM15A support

Post by lordjeff »

Any plans to support this device then? :) cuz active home sux, and housebot doesn't ;) LOL.
Jeffrey D. Stark
Kairos

Re: CM15A support

Post by Kairos »

lordjeff wrote:Any plans to support this device then? :) cuz active home sux, and housebot doesn't ;) LOL.

Yeah, I was kind of looking into getting one of these too. The time to purchase is slowly approaching, and It woould be cool to use this.
vcruz77

Post by vcruz77 »

The same thing is happening to me. I am currently evaluating housebot. I wanted to upgrade the CM11A since I need the serial port for the touchscreen monitor and saw the CM15A as the logical choice. I have seen also the PowerLinc which is currently supported by Housebot but the CM15A looks better, with more features and less expensive. Any plans on developing a plug-in for the CM15A. Thanks in advance.

Victor
vcruz77

Post by vcruz77 »

The same thing is happening to me. I am currently evaluating housebot. I wanted to upgrade the CM11A since I need the serial port for the touchscreen monitor and saw the CM15A as the logical choice. I have seen also the PowerLinc which is currently supported by Housebot but the CM15A looks better, with more features and less expensive. Any plans on developing a plug-in for the CM15A. Thanks in advance.

Victor
mdmurray

Post by mdmurray »

Wondering if anything has been done about the Activehome Pro CM15A. Does meedio provide support for it yet? or is there a plugin available for it?
bnam

Any update on this?

Post by bnam »

I've been using X-10 Activehouse PRo for a while now and wanted to try Housebot, but it does not seem to ahve the interface for the CM15A that I have.

TIA