Sending Caller ID info (payload) to Girder

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
switzch

Sending Caller ID info (payload) to Girder

Post by switzch »

I want to have girder popup caller ID info on the TV when someone calls, but also have housebot log all the calls so I can see the list of people who called.

How can I get housebot to send girder a payload with the callerID info?
Last edited by switzch on Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

You should be able to do this with a Task that has a condition set on the Caller ID Caller ID Info Received Property. When it Equals Yes, have several actions that setup the Girder Bridge Device Properties. For the Payload property, set the value to whatever value you want to pass from the Caller ID device. You need to use Property Value substitution to assign the value in the Task action. Checkout the online help for the Property Value substitution syntax.
Scott
yaccri
HouseBot Special Member

Post by yaccri »

I'm curious,

How do you display on the TV? Change the video output to TV-out?
switzch

Post by switzch »

my tv is my secondary monitor, so all i have to do is have girder display a popup on the secondary monintor. But even if it wasnt you could send info to girder aslong as its attached to a computer.

Scott,

Here is what I have:

If phoneline status is equal to yes, then

change 'girderbridge.eventstring' to 'incomingcall'

change 'girderbridgepayload.payload' to '%%Phone Line Status. Last Phone Number%%'

the eventstring is sent to girder and works but it doesnt seem like the payload is sent, or something is wrong with either girder or my property value sub. is incorrect. Since I am new to sending payloads to girder in general, does anyone know what I need to set the OSD info to display the incoming payload? right now I have [%%Phone Line Status. Last Phone Number%%] but I am pretty sure this isnt right. Also, is my property value substitution correct?
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

switzch wrote:change 'girderbridge.eventstring' to 'incomingcall'
change 'girderbridgepayload.payload' to '%%Phone Line Status. Last Phone Number%%'
I'm not sure why you are using two different Devices here (unless it's a mistype). You should use the same Girder device for everything. Also, set the payload property first and then the event string. Setting the event string is what causes it to be sent to Girder.
switzch wrote:Also, is my property value substitution correct?
Assuming that you have an actual Device named Phone Line Status, the substitution looks good.
Scott
switzch

Post by switzch »

Ok, I got it working I think. My mistake above was a typo, so all i needed to do was put the payload abover the eventsting in the task. Then in housebot i needed to change the payload from [pld1] to [pld2] for some reason [pld1] is the ip address 127.0.0.1.
switzch

Post by switzch »

Is it possible to send 2 payloads?

ie.

Caller Name and Caller Number.

I have tried a bunch of combos like

%%x.x%% , %%x.x%%

%%x.x%% %%x.x%%

but neither work
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

The ieventc.exe program that sends that data to girder only allows a single payload argument. You could either combine the data into a single payload by using multiple property value substitution (like you specified in your post), or send two separate events to Girder.
Scott