True client server via "Thin" client

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Affini

True client server via "Thin" client

Post by Affini »

I have an 800x600 Windows CE .net (4.1) device... SimPad SL4

I'd like to see something like what Xlobby does...

On WinCE, it runs a thin client that auto-scales the display from the PC to fit the screen on my WinCE device. This allows you to build one skin (theme) and use it on any platform. Xlobby runs a true "thin" client app on WinCE since it only redirects inputs and video refreshes to the WinCE device.

Is there any plans for something like this with Meedio?

I'd definitely purchase Meedio and Housebot if it seamlessly supported my device. I think we will see more devices like this come to market in the near future. It would also be good to have a client like this for Win32 so you could run a true client/server HTPC and HA setup
acheslow

Post by acheslow »

Meedio HouseBot includes a drag-and-drop WYSIWYG theme designer for creating thin client interfaces on CE, Pocket PC, Windows Mobile, and PC devices. I used it with great success on a Simpad myself (until I dropped my Simpad on the floor).

You can currently send Windows Messages from Meedio HouseBot to Meedio Essentials. In the near future we will release a plugin for Meedio HouseBot that will provide native two-way control between the two products.
Affini

Post by Affini »

Cool...

I also have a SimPad and that is exactly what I want to use it for plus any future large touch screens.

I'll wait on my purchase until it materializes since I'll be needing to replace Homeseer and redo my entire system around Meedio and Housebot

... any time frame on that plug-in?
odyssey

Post by odyssey »

Does Housebot support CE 4.2? If so, which software remote should I select during installation to install on my CE device?