Using a Pocket PC as a remote

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
tbird2340

Using a Pocket PC as a remote

Post by tbird2340 »

I just downloaded Meedio Housebot and have been tinkering with it for a while.. What are the requirements for using a PocketPC as a remote. Does it have to have a Wifi card or can it use bluetooth, or even IR??

Thanks!
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

The Software Remotes connect to the HouseBot server using network sockets. So you can either have a hardwire network connection to them, or use a WiFi connection.
Scott
yaccri
HouseBot Special Member

Post by yaccri »

Bluetooth will also work, but it is not as good as WiFi.

Although the receive range that I experienced was very similar to the WiFi's, I encountered an annoying issue with bluetooth: I had to manually establish the connection between the PocketPC and the server every time the PocketPC was turned on. With WiFi, the connection is established automatically.

Yoram
tbird2340

Post by tbird2340 »

yaccri wrote:Bluetooth will also work, but it is not as good as WiFi.
Although the receive range that I experienced was very similar to the WiFi's, I encountered an annoying issue with bluetooth: I had to manually establish the connection between the PocketPC and the server every time the PocketPC was turned on. With WiFi, the connection is established automatically.

Yoram

Ok Thanks.. WIlling to give it a shot now..
Ahanix D5 Media Center Case // AMD Athlon XP 3000+ // MSI K7N2 Delta2-LSR Motherboard // 512MB PC3200 Memory // ATI 9600 Pro // 120 GB, 80 GB 160 GB HDD's //