[REQ] Total idiot guide to setting up lights (cm11a)

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
labbe3001

[REQ] Total idiot guide to setting up lights (cm11a)

Post by labbe3001 »

Well i did it. I have read every thread that contains the word "cm11a"

And i cant manage to set it up....well i can turn a lamp on at a given time, but not off, and dimming pffff :cry:

I imported some "x10 controller thingy" and got some more devices, but i really dont understand what to do with it....

Its proballly really simple, just gotta get "a foot in"

It would be sweet with a "real" guide with pictures & all

The guide in the help is.... short to say the least

best regards

//L
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

You say that you can turn the light on with HouseBot but not off? Have you created an X10 Lamp Module in HouseBot and assigned it the correct HouseCode and UnitCode? Did you turn the lamp on by changing the Power State to On?
Scott
acheslow

Post by acheslow »

That can also be a symptom of a 'noisy' device. When it is off the X10 On signals are received fine, but when it is on it puts noise on the line which prevents the Off signals from being received.

Can you turn the light off with any other X10 controllers? If not then you may need an X10 noise filter.
labbe3001

Post by labbe3001 »

Thanks for quick replys :lol: this forum is Übersweet!!

ScottBot
Yes i have 2 lamp modules, and 2 appliance(spelling ?) modules.
acheslow
No, i dont have any noise, works flawless with RF remote or HomeSeer.

Its tough to describe the probled when english is not the native tounge, but i'll give it a try :wink:
And i cant manage to set it up....well i can turn a lamp on at a given time, but not off, and dimming pffff
Meaning that i cant create a task that does this, it works fine in Housebot "console" manually. If i select the device, select on, off, dim

I dont have access to HB now (kids watching Finding Nemo over & over & over again :wink: ) But tonight ill post my step by step for creating a task

Laters

//L
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Give us a little more information on exactly how you are setting up the Task to run? For example, is there some condition that is used in the Task?
Scott