Can Winamp plugin play the selected folder?

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Zei

Can Winamp plugin play the selected folder?

Post by Zei »

The provided sample only plays the selected song. I would like to select the folder and play all the songs in it :)
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

If you set the Play Source property of the WinAmp Device to the directory that you want to play, WinAmp will play the entire directory.
Scott
Zei

Post by Zei »

Can I do this without manually editing the path. Because now I can't read the path to folder with single click, and if I double click the folder is opened and "play source" property does not change without double clicking.

Is there some specific file filter is should use? And also if I manually edited the play source to just point to the folder, I could not get it to work.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

I'm not sure why you can't get it to play the directory. I'm using WinAmp 5, and it seems to work fine.

To change the "play source" property from HouseBot, click on the "play source" heading (to the left of the value), or click on "play source" in the tree view. This will give you an edit field that you can set (don't hit the 'select' button).

This property is really intended to be controlled from a Software Remote/Theme. Doing it from a Property Change button (or multi-state button) gets around any awkwardness that you may see from HouseBot.
Scott
Zei

Post by Zei »

Hiphei :)

I was able to get it to work by using Property Change button, but still not using HouseBot's tree view (but it does't matter).

If I'm playing the folder, prev/next buttons are not working i.e. +=1 (and I think that because it's not a playlist). Is there a workaround?

Also if I do a playlist, I have to select the songs individually a song at a time and everytime I start my remote. Is there a workaround?

Now I have hardcoded the path to folder to property value. How can I navigate the path to folder, because now when I'm double clicking the folder in Directory it just opens and let's me select the individual songs. Or do I need to write the path to folder manually, or is there a way to send path to folder to Play Source property?

EDIT: can I get Directory control to trigger Play Source property when double clicking folder, not file?

Or can I add the whole folder to internal playlist at once? without selecting files separately