Generic Serial behaving wierd

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
bevins

Generic Serial behaving wierd

Post by bevins »

Hi all,

I have a pelco matrix switcher that has rs-232 interface. I send commands to it and it switches cameras to outputs which I display n web and my tv.

Problem is it works but I can only do one command. If I select another it will not give me an error but it won't switch the camera. I have to shutdown housebot or disable and renable the Hardware Interface.

Anyone know why this is doing this and how I can fix it?

I think it is not releasing the com port for another command or something similar.

Thanks in advance,

Bob
bevins

Post by bevins »

I have found out by t-tapping the rs-232 rx line on my unit to find that housebot does not send the command again unless I disable the interface and re-enable it. Bizarre....

Anyone know why this behaviour from Housebot, or probably what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

bob
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: Generic Serial behaving wierd

Post by ScottBot »

bevins wrote:....I think it is not releasing the com port for another command or something similar....
Once the plugin is enabled, it doesn't close/release the port until it is disabled (which is ok). It may be that the switcher is still waiting for something else in the command and has it stuck in a 'waiting' state. (just a guess). Make sure your command terminator is correct.

I'd suggest making sure the command (or multiple commands) you are sending from HouseBot also works if sending from another application (like HyperTerm).

If that doesn't help uncover the problem, you can send me a trace and I'll try and see if there's anything unusual in the trace.
Scott