W800RF32 and non-security X10 wireless modules

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
andremu

W800RF32 and non-security X10 wireless modules

Post by andremu »

I'm probably just missing something really obvious here, but I can't seem to get my non-security wireless X10 components, such as MS16 EagleEye and MS16 ActiveEye Motion Sensors, to work with the W800 wireless receiver in Housebot.

I have the W800 plugin installed, and have defined both a w800 and CM11 hardware interface, but when I add a motion sensor, I can't bind it to the W800, as only the CM11 appears in the motion sensor's Hardware Interface dropdown selector box.

Conversely, when I try and create a new motion sensor device and select the W800 hardware interface, I get to choose either "X10 Security Sensor" or "X10 Security Remote", neither of which use the normal House Code/Unit Code of normal X10 wireless devices.

What should I be doing to get these devices to work through the W800 receiver?
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Since your RF X10 Devices don't really send (from HouseBot's point of view) any data, the configuration for them is a bit different. You should be able to just associate them with the CM11a (or other X10 Interface). The W800 will send the X10 state updates to all X10 Devices regardless of what Interface is selected.

The online help for the W800 goes into a little more detail about this.
Scott
andremu

Post by andremu »

Thanks Scott, got it working. Cheers!