HouseBot-Media Server

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Scott, I've been away from Meedio/Housebot for awhile (Summer stuff, etc.), and HB has running fine as-is. But is there anything new you can share with regard to HB integrating with the Meedio media server functionality? I'd like to get back into that effort, either trying to get Jukebot up/running or move to a Meedio/HB solution. Still using Winamp in a rather convoluted way (through VNC to the media/HB server... don't ask!) Buts its a goofy way to play music.
Steve
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Steve,

Welcome back to the world of HouseBot. :D

The plan is still to have the Meedio HouseBot/Essentials integration ready for the CES show in January. It may only be in beta at that point, but hopefully there will be something to share then or shortly thereafter.
Scott
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Scott, that's good news. I'll be anxious to see what the linkage will be capable of.
Steve
krh1009

Post by krh1009 »

ScottBot wrote:Steve,

Welcome back to the world of HouseBot. :D

The plan is still to have the Meedio HouseBot/Essentials integration ready for the CES show in January. It may only be in beta at that point, but hopefully there will be something to share then or shortly thereafter.

Is there any update ?
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Housebot/Meedio Essentials Integration

Post by Steve Horn »

What's the latest on integrating Housebot into the Meedio Essentials (or similar) functionality? I'm still looking for a fully functional way to play MP3s/WMAs via a Housebot front-end/GUI. (The exisitng Winamp plug-in I found to be marginally effective and I never got Jukebot to work reliably.) Seems like something "Meedio-standard" was to be either rolled out or announced at CES. Any updates?
Steve
acheslow

Post by acheslow »

A beta was shown at CES and we are now working on making it easier to configure. No release date has been announced yet.