Pronto Codes

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
k_flerlage

Pronto Codes

Post by k_flerlage »

Hello,

I am using HouseBot with the USB-UIRT module. It seems that some IR commands just are not recognized. For example, I have a somewhat generic television at home. When learning the codes, it seemed to recognize it, but when I tested them, it did nothing. Additionally, I have a voice recognition remote that is unlike most remote controls. When learning IR in HouseBot, you must hold down the button until it reaches 100%. With this remote, you cannot hold down the button. You press it, it sends out the signal and thats it. It will not continuously send signal like a standard remote.

I know that you can use the codes generated from a Pronto within the HouseBot software. Does anyone have any experience with this? I thought that I would just scan all the IR signals into a Pronto and then use the code in HouseBot.

Thanks,

Kevin M. Flerlage
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Kevin,

What version of the USB-UIRT are you using? You can check this by clicking on the Hardware Interface and then clicking the "Hardware Module Type" Property button. If it's less than version 2.02, you are using a version that doesn't support 'burst mode' for learning. The burst mode allows it to learn remotes that just give one "burst" of IR instead of streaming the whole time the button is pressed.

Check out RemoteCentral.com. They have a ton of pronto codes that you can use in HouseBot without learning them using the USB-UIRT.
Scott
k_flerlage

Post by k_flerlage »

My USB-UIRT is version 2.01. I bought it last week....is there a newer version?
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

k_flerlage wrote:My USB-UIRT is version 2.01. I bought it last week....is there a newer version?
Version 2.02 supports 'burst' mode, which should help you. I guess I didn't update the post with the plugins, because it effects so few folks.

You can download version 2.02 from here. To install it, you will need to unzip it and copy the plugin DLL to your \HouseBot\Plugins\Interfaces directory (overwriting the old one). When you restart HouseBot, the plugin learning should allow you to save the learned state of the burst remote even though it's not 100% complete.
Scott