Simple Tutorial

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
krg9263

Simple Tutorial

Post by krg9263 »

Hello,

I just downloaded the 15 trial for the Housebot and am excited to get going. If I can get one project up and running in 15 days. I will surely buy the program.

I looked for a hardware tutorial on the discussion board. If I missed it please kindly point me to it.

I am a little confused about where to start. Is there a hardware tutorial? I would like to implement a simple lamp\lighting control project ( I say simple but not sure it actually is).

I assume I need some an of X-10 device. Beyond that I am not sure what other hardware I would need?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
acheslow

Post by acheslow »

Welcome aboard. There isn't a single hardware tutorial because everyone's needs and setups differ. Most users tend to have existing equipment that they need to control. If you are starting out fresh you might want to start with a very inexpensive setup to get the hang of things, and then you can figure out how you'd like to proceed.

Meedio HouseBot supports a number of different interfaces but one of the least expensive are those based on the X10 protocol. There are a number of X10 interfaces but we recommend the Powerlinc USB. This is an X10 interface that plugs into the USB port of your PC and sends X10 commands along your existing electrical wiring to X10 receivers such as dimmers and lamp modules. The minimum you would need to get started is the Powerlinc USB and a lamp module such as the Lamplinc.

Follow the guides in the helpfile (look under the Help menu) once you get the equipment plugged in and let us know if you need any help from there.
krg9263

Thanks

Post by krg9263 »

Will do. Thanks!