Distributed audio/video through Meedio?

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
simonmason

Distributed audio/video through Meedio?

Post by simonmason »

Is it possible to set up Meedio on a server and distribute audio and video to multiple rooms in the house using Housebot? I have a whole house audio video controller. I want to be able to select on playlist in one room, and another in another room. I can send all of these commands through RS-232. I assume the server would need multiple audio/video output cards in it to accomodate this. Can Meedio support more than one instance of the application on the server or is it smart enough to process this through one instance? I could log in two or more user names and start separate instances of the application. Would this work?
Simon D. S. Mason
yaccri
HouseBot Special Member

Post by yaccri »

Simon,

HB supports mutiple instances of winamp. I tried it only for audio distribution.

You need multiple sound cards. Also, copy the winamp folder and assign each winamp.exe to a different sound card. Then, create two or more winamp devices in HB and assign each one to a different winamp.

Yoram