SH4 support?

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
jeffelliott

SH4 support?

Post by jeffelliott »

I've found several hitachi webpads running CE available for a reasonable price ($80). It appears they would make great remotes (small form factor, 640x480, etc.) However, they are 128mhz SH4 processor based.

Anyone know if the SH3 client would work?

If not, what are the chances of getting an SH4 client?

Thanks!

Jeff
jeffelliott

Post by jeffelliott »

Well - I got the webpad and it's great! The perfect size for a remote!

The bad news is the SH3 client won't work. Anyone know how difficult it would be to quickly recompile the SH3 client with SH4 info?

JE
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Unfortunately I'm not much help with the various CE platform questions. I've built it for all that I could (well there are a couple of obscure ones that I haven't'). I don't see why the source code couldn't be built for other platforms if you have the tools (which I don't) to do so. You might want to log a formal request for this through the Meedio support ticket system.
Scott
jeffelliott

Post by jeffelliott »

Thanks, Scott. I've logged the request and not yet received a reply. I'm willing to pay for an hour or two of development time to get it done but need someone knowledgeable to let me know if it's possible / easy.

Any help from anyone is greatly appreciated!

Jeff
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

I used Embedded Microsoft Visual C++ 3.0 to build all of the existing CE based remotes. I don't know if it is possible to get the SH4 SDK and install it for VC 3.0 (never found the SDK). I think the 4.0 version will support building SH4.

I would imagine that the source code would compile fine, since the same source compiles under all of the other platforms. The only "work" would be to get the development environment figured out.

It's really up to Meedio at this point whether they will look into your request. I'm pretty much out of the development and support role.
Scott