HouseBot Plugin for HAI Omni controllers

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
dlmorgan999
HouseBot Special Member

HouseBot Plugin for HAI Omni controllers

Post by dlmorgan999 »

I am a relatively new C++ programmer but with help from several people I have developed a HouseBot plugin for the HAI Omni family of home automation controllers. The plugin supports the Omni controller and also provide device plugins for security zones, thermostats and X10 devices.

There are still a few issues I'm trying to resolve but it's to the point where it would be helpful to have a few testers. Is anyone interested in helping?

-- Dave
bwally

Post by bwally »

i would!

i have an Omni II controller, 1 thermostat, 2 temp sensors and use Lightolier compose lighting.

thanks,

steve
sandcastle

HAI Omni controller plugin

Post by sandcastle »

I have several Omni controllers and Tstats. I'm interested in the plugin. I have some X10 lights and stuff, but am using the UPB lighting.

Thanks,

Rob
gorfllub

Post by gorfllub »

I have Thermostats only. No omni controller. If you can make something work, I'd be willing to test!
gorfllub

Post by gorfllub »

Just thought I would put a poke in on this one........ Would love to have control of my omni-stats...
dlmorgan999
HouseBot Special Member

Post by dlmorgan999 »

I have been running the plugin on my production HouseBot server for several months now and for the most part it seems good. My HouseBotServer.exe process does crash periodically though and I wonder if my plugin might be at fault.

I'm not very strong in C++ and haven't had much time to work on the plugin lately so I haven't worked on trying to fix it. I have a batch job that automatically restarts HouseBot if it crashes (I also had to disable error reporting in Windows XP) so it doesn't really cause me any grief but I have been hesitant to release it for public use.

If any of you are still interested in the plugin given the caveats above I am willing to send it your way. Be aware though that it requires an Omni controller (sorry gorflub). Also it only supports X10 lighting (it uses the existing HouseBot X10 devices) - I haven't written any code to create UPB or Lightolier devices :(.

If you decide you want to give it a try I have an installer and help files that go with it but I strongly encourage you to make a backup of your configuration before you install the plugin in case something gets messed up.

-- Dave
Pedromlo

Post by Pedromlo »

Hi, Could you send the plugin to me please.
Thanks