Reload Theme

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
spike5884

Reload Theme

Post by spike5884 »

Snipped from SW remotes not showing accurate data....

dlmorgan999 wrote:These are great ideas! Along the same lines it would be nice to have a button function that would reload the current theme. Most of my HouseBot control is done via touchscreens. On these devices it is often tricky to right-click.

As a result when I want to reload a theme I have to close and restart the software remote. While this works fine, having a button to do this task would be more "elegant".

What I have done is put a small "Menu" button in the corner. Once 'clicked', it pops up a window that has 'Reload Theme' on it.
Thanks,
Scott J
aka spike5884
dlmorgan999
HouseBot Special Member

Post by dlmorgan999 »

Yeah - I remembered this right *after* I made this post (doh!). I actually have a menu button on my themes but it's in a "Tools" popup panel that I hardly ever use so I forgot about it :oops:
spike5884

Post by spike5884 »

I thought it was strange that you would not know about it. I got the tip about having a little button in the corner from somebody on this forum. I put it there to get at the configuration window.
Thanks,
Scott J
aka spike5884
wallebalboa

Reload themes...

Post by wallebalboa »

Hello friends.

good to see how you help each other out...

I still think the possibility of assigning a reload theme to a button is a good idea.

some of my touchscreens is running at 1024x768. at that resolution its hard with my porky fingers to hit the "reload theme" meny item :oops:

with that its also easy to exclude the configuration functions in the meny from the most uneducated users of my housecontrol... and still let them refresh the theme....

wallebot

should be moved to "feature request"...