Comparing two properties

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
jreberry

Comparing two properties

Post by jreberry »

This seems like an easy question, but I can’t find the answer in the help files or the forums. Here’s the setup:

I have a device with two User Defined Alphanumeric properties. Each Alphanumeric property has a numerical value of “XX.XX”. What I want to do is have a task that compares value A to value B and then turns another device either on or off depending if the value was greater or lower. Currently the task looks something like this:

If DeviceName PropertyA is greater than %%DeviceName.PropertyB%% then

Blah blah blah…

I thought that using the %%XX.XX%% substitution string would work, but it doesn’t. My next thought is that maybe Housebot can’t compare the numbers since they are User Defined Alphanumeric properties instead of User Defined Numeric properties. However, before I ever got to this step I need to use the substitution string from another device to copy these values into these properties in the first place. If I make these properties numeric (instead of alphanumeric) then the substitution string %%XX.XX%% doesn’t work and just defaults to “0” instead.

Did that make sense? Essentially, how do I compare two User defined Alphanumeric properties to see which is greater? Using %%XX.XX%% doesn’t seem to work.

I’ll keep tinkering, but if anyone has some insight I would appreciate it,

--Jon
jreberry

doh

Post by jreberry »

"Added the ability to compare two Property Values in a Task condition (instead of having to use hard coded value). "

Apparently I need to upgrade.
jreberry

doh

Post by jreberry »

"Added the ability to compare two Property Values in a Task condition (instead of having to use hard coded value). "

Apparently I need to upgrade.