TV Listing file

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
PT

TV Listing file

Post by PT »

Scottbot

Help please

I am using the Tv listing plugin in the uk.

I have downloaded and installed Xlmtv package ( although I am running the 5.40a package due to the 5.32 not working for me)

I have edited the files I require which is fine. I have the plugin working and the theme. However I am not receiving ,or at least it would seem that way, individual channel listing numbers. I have some that seem to work Skysports etc. this gives an id of say 1 and when I choose this the listing is brought up in viewing pane 2 I can choose and the dummy tuner changes etc which I can run a task from. However the majority of the channels seem to have a listing of 0. this is also the case in the database.

I have cut the list to just 10 stations to try and figure this out.

Any ideas please
PT

TV Listings

Post by PT »

Scottbot

Don't Worry! :D

I have found a workaround solution with another XMLTV grabber.

This program is actually easier to set up which programs you require .

A quick look and the id's were in place and it only does the Uk Listings.

Also outputs to whatever file you wish.

Excellent

You really produced a great program Scott. It is a shame it is not supported/improved very well anymore by Meedio.

Link to TV Listings program

http://www.birtles.org.uk/xmltv/
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Great! Glad I could[n't] help.

You might want to log a support ticket with the Meedio support site (support.meedio.com), so they will have a record of the problem. Also, what was the other XMLTV grabber that you found to work?
Scott
PT

Post by PT »

Scottbot

There is small issue you may be able to help with.

First the program is XMLTV radio times, link as previous thread

I have set the prgram up to produce a file called HBListing which it does and Housebot gets the data . No Problem.

By default it retrieves 14 days.

the option in the device does not overide this.

The program does have a parameter overide such as xmltvrt.exe /Grab /D1 which works. I can only get this to work from a run/command line.

House bot will then overwrite this file with 14 days when task is run or manually changed.

Any ideas how to overcome
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

HouseBot takes the number of days specified in the Device Property and adds it to the XMLTV command line as a --days X command line argument. It looks like your XMLTV replacement uses /D instead of --days, so that's why the option isn't making it to the program.

I don't know if this will work or not, but if you click on the XMLTV Application Property and add /D1 right after the name of the EXE, it might work. You can't do this from the Device Properties screen, you have to drill down into the specific property to get to an edit field that will allow you to append something to the program name.

Beyond that.... you might be able to specify a .cmd/.bat file in place of the EXE that takes the arguments and then calls your XMLTV Radio Grabber program with the correct arguments. That may take a bit more fiddling.
Scott
PT

Post by PT »

Thanks Scott

I have already tried adding parameter at the end of the file but it only then looks for a file with that name.

I guess the only option is a .bat file I will try this.

Would it be possible to chnage the original plug in if I could get hold of the code?

One small other question I have a theme which states that it cannot find a button called [] I have looked but cannot find this.Is there an easy way to modify/find this
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

PT wrote:Would it be possible to chnage the original plug in if I could get hold of the code?
It's not my source to share anymore. You would have to ask one of the Meedio guys.

I have another thing for you to try. The grabber name property is just appended to the command line. So if you change the Grabber Name property to include both the grabber name and then /D1 I think it might work for you.
One small other question I have a theme which states that it cannot find a button called [] I have looked but cannot find this.Is there an easy way to modify/find this
Can you give me the exact error message?
Scott
PT

Post by PT »

Scott

The batch file method works. Thanks . I have a solution

I will try the other method also

Error message is when loading theme in housebot

Error:Unable to initialize button named []

It also complains from the remote

Is it a hidden button somwhere? I cannot find it

Regards PT
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Make sure you don't have a "Stand By" button on a Theme that you are trying to run on a non-WinCE Device. I know that will generate the error message.

I realize that the error message is useless, since it doesn't show the button name (since you don't actually assign a name to a button.... was something I never got around to). If you want to look through the theme XML file in a text editor and see if you can find any <Button> tags that define buttons that shouldn't be there, you can find the theme XML file in the HouseBot\Config\Themes directory. You can just delete the entire <Button> tag line and save the theme back out (make sure it isn't currently loaded in HouseBot). I'd suggest making a backup before doing this.
Scott
PT

Post by PT »

Scott

The grabber method does not work as thay are referenced from a drop down list. This cannot be added to in the device as I can see.

the list of grabbers is probably coded?

Cheers PT
PT

Post by PT »

I did scout the file quickly and nothing sprang out at me so I guess the old Trial and error routine along with a bit off cross matching is in order.

thanks anyway
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

PT wrote:The grabber method does not work as thay are referenced from a drop down list. This cannot be added to in the device as I can see.
the list of grabbers is probably coded?
That's true if you try and change it from the main Device property view. If you click on the property from the tree view (or the name of the property in the Device view), it will give you a page specific to that property with an edit field that you can enter anything you want.
Scott
PT

Post by PT »

I have tried the tree method and then went select and tried to put in from list ( or instead of list) ,that did not work.

Yes you can type it straight in but it does not seem to change the number of days grabbed It just defaults back to 14

As I say the batch file method works. Not as elegant.... but hey!

Regards PT
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Don't try and change the Listing Days to Grab property. It's an integer property and won't let you add a text value to it.

Change the Grabber Name property to include both the grabber name and /D1. So it would look like tv_grab_na_dd /D1 (if you lived in north america).
Scott
PT

Post by PT »

Scott

Great Scott this works !

I was changing the same value nowever I had substituted the tv_grab_ part incorrectly.

Excellent work

By the way I have found the error on the theme it was a button referencing track info.

Just copied theme and deleted panel at a time and eventually came to one panel(left) which was blank of all visible buttone etc and then looked at the code left.

I had changed the panel size up so I possibly left something there then although I tried reducing back down and found nothing.

As this is the test bed pc It helps with these little quirks.

I have had an issue similar to this with not being able to export files due to deleted devices being referenced.