Essential Pause and HB light control

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
talisman

Essential Pause and HB light control

Post by talisman »

Hi guys how do i link the Essentials Pause to HB lights.

When i press pause for video/dvd playback i want my lights to come onto dim in the front room. How do i program this in, is it through essentials or HB?
Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
Davieboy

Post by Davieboy »

You will need both Essentials and housebot to be able to complete what u requested. There are many variables. Are u currently using a remote to control essentials? If so what type?
talisman

Post by talisman »

Yeah i have essentials and HB mate.

To control Meedio Essentials i use a std Universal remote (sunwave src-3000) and a program called sconi. Sconi can send commands to ANY program using the IR code it receives. And as Essentials provide basic keyboard commands (and you can add them to some screens) i can program these. IE pause = pause button, Select = Enter GOTO-DVD Player = F6 so on and so on. So i progrma sconi so if i am on program Meedio Essentilas and my IR code send Say B3459 which is assigned to F6 it will launch essentials to the DVD player.

Id love to be able to get the same with HB but so far cannot see any hotkeys available thru the program HB. So looking to do some commands some how.

Really all i want to be able to do is, if i press pause, get the front or back lights to dim On and when i press play them to go out again, and to control my projections screen which is currently working off a button state property linked to a task.
Davieboy

Post by Davieboy »

I think it is beyond my very limited knowledge of HB. But i think u might need a plugin for sconi to interface with HB. Then commands recieved would be able to launch tasks on HB. U might want to open a ticket for this. Let me know how you get on.

Regards Dave
talisman

Post by talisman »

cheers :lol: