ZWave Errors and a Question.

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
jmurff

ZWave Errors and a Question.

Post by jmurff »

Hi;

Hope this is the right place. I am having trouble with ZWave and HouseBot.

It appears polling isn't working. (I am evaluating housebot hopefully the evaluation 15 day version is full featured.). I can turn on/off lights and dim them. However if quit housebot and turn light off and reset dim by hand housebot restarts telling me light is as it was when i quit. And status never updates... Also while housebot is running I can change DIm value from the wall and it never changes in housebot. From the help file description this is clearly wrong.

One other question is I have a ZWave thermostat. Any chance housebot supports it or can someone provide guidence on how to create this device using the device API???

THanks in advance!

Jim

[email protected]
BotAll

Post by BotAll »

I'm using Z-Wave myself and I haven't encountered the problems you mentioned below.

Just so I understand your issue, after you've manually turned off the lamp and re-run HouseBot even when you click on "Get Status" for the given Lamp it doesn't update the properties correctly?? Is that right? The get status should work even if you have re-started HouseBot..

I've tried the scenario you've mentioned below and I don't have any problems. I've set my polling for 10secs and upon re-running HouseBot it correctly update the properties for the given lamp.

As for the thermostat, I second the question, it would be great to have. I'm also hoping to get a few z-wave PIR motion sensors. Has anyone out there created the software devices for these beasts?