Scott Adivce please.

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Bad guess on my part. :?

I saw this infoon the setup of the switch. It seems that you should be able to just send Dim or Bright commands to move it in 4% increments. Have you tried sending Bright commands in the the Direct X10 Command property instead of the Dim commands? If you can't get it to move correctly using the Bright;25 (for full down), you can maybe change the Task to send individual Bright commands (no ; and number, just Bright) until you can get it where you need it.

I wonder if you have a bad switch or something. Maybe the powerline noise from the motor is messing up the X10 transmission ??
Scott
talisman

Post by talisman »

:lol:

Ok Scot i hope ur a handsome man as i could kiss ya!!!!!!

Right it didnt quite work the way you said but gave me something to play with.

I added item/action X10 Command OFF

then added item/delay 18500

then added item/action X10 Command Dim;5 (if you remember dim;5 gave me about an inch of drop)

This way instead of dropping 10 secs then going straight back up with ON command it drops 18.5 secs then sends an extra inch....

I now have the drop i NEED :lol: :lol:

Im well chufffed. But this brings me to next Question for you.

Before with It working thru Devices it was linked to Meedio Essentials and i have an all view for lights and screen. I clicked Screen Off which dropped it down (wrongly) and then Screen On again to lift it all the way back.

Now its a task can i still do this and if so how?

(by the way i owe you a pint or 3)

Still smiling though, cool.
Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
talisman

Post by talisman »

Actually looks like it only links thru to Essentials via the Devices menu. poo

If i cant link it to meedio essentials to control up down, can it be controlled now via Infra Red remote linked to Sconi at all? IE a hot key command?
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Glad to hear it's working better for you. No need for kissing though... it's just software :wink:

I'm really not familiar at all with the Essentials to HB connector to help you on the interoperability. There should definitely be a way to do what you are looking for.
Scott
talisman

Post by talisman »

Anyone else out there that can help???
talisman

Post by talisman »

Anyone else out there that can help???
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Since the HouseBot connector is fairly new, you may not be able to find the support you need on the community forums. You might want to consider opening a ticket in the support system (support.meedio.com).
Scott
talisman

Post by talisman »

Yeah will do.

Although will support increase soon, or is it just going to be yourself mate dealing with Q's.

If its just essentials and tv getting all the support i may put off buying this until this area is increased.

I mean HB is the dearest product will lots less support and development.
talisman

Post by talisman »

:lol:

Scottbot, thought id let you know the good news. Finally got this working Through Meedio Essentials yesterday.

As it turned out it was easy as pie (after the help you have been giving me)

We were talking of sending commands as dim;25 etc and wasnt workin, then we said to use task, which did work but essentials looks at the Device section to make changes so the task didnt work.

Not until i discovered the Execute Tasks bit and found an "if this equals this then run task". Found i could add a Button State as a property within devices. So added that and it has the option of Up/Down (which is great for my screen commands). So my what if, is linked to this Device in Essentials and if Button State equals Down it runs the task for screen down. If it equals Up screen goes up.

Excellent :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Cheers dude. If i can get this to work off a hot key in the future i can link it to my remotes control of Essentials too. But for now im happy.

Thanks for your prior help and advice.
Dakkar

Tolerance

Post by Dakkar »

Hi Talisman,

I have a question you can answer.

You know I am going to use your method to lower the screen with the SW10G. Can you please tell me how precise I can be with that method?

I need it to be VERY precise (I have black border in the projection screen), so it's important for me to know.

Thank you,

Dakkar
talisman

Post by talisman »

it will be very precise