SC9000 Security System

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Rayth Kaled

SC9000 Security System

Post by Rayth Kaled »

Hi I'm just starting to get some x10 devices in my home and have some questions.

I have got the SC9000 security system, how can I get housebot to recognise when it's status has changed, ie alarm has gone off etc...

Also how do you get Housebot to know the current state of an x10 lamp module (LD11) on or off etc...
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

Just looked at the LD11 and it doens't appear to be a two way module. If that is so, you can send commands to control the LD11 from HouseBot using an X10 interface like the CM11. Then you would have status because HouseBot controls the LD11. If the LD11 is switched on using a switch controlling the LD11 directly, HouseBot doesn't know about the status because a one way unit doesn't put its status on the net. There are lots of other (more expensive) modules out there that will put status on the net.

As for the SC9000, I would have to read the manual. Usually an alarm control unit is able to switch on an X10 device when an alarm occurs. You could have HouseBot listen for such an event, again using the CM11 or some other PC interface. So if HouseBot detects a state change in the applicable X10 module, your alarm must be triggered. I don't think that the SC9000 puts a status on the net unless you can define different alarm states using standard X10 codes like: Alarm on = D1 - On, Alarm off = D1 - Off, Alarm triggered = D2 - on etc etc etc. Again I don't know if this is possible at all with the SC9000. I would be interested if you figure it all out.
allanstevens

Post by allanstevens »

Hi I have the same alarm system. The SC9000 will send the following default codes, depending on status.

B1 On - Alarm set to Away

B1 Off - Alarm Disabled

B2 On - Alarm Triggered

I have created some tasks in housebot to monitor the above x10 codes, so when for example if 'B;1;On' is sent it will send me an email to say the alarm has been set. You can also create an x10 device with the same address (i.e. b1) and it should update the power state depending on the status of the sc9000.

Still learning, hope this is of help.

Cheers
Rayth Kaled

Post by Rayth Kaled »

Cool, thanks for that i will try it out.