Help - Received data conflicts from distinct devices

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
jeffelliott

Help - Received data conflicts from distinct devices

Post by jeffelliott »

All - I'm controlling (or attempting to control) a projector and a denon receiver via serial port. Before I recently acquired the receiver, the projector was always reliable in responding to serial commands. Now that I've added the receiver, neither are reliable.

Interestingly enough, when I send commands to one, I see the received data in the other device. For example, if I tell the receiver to power on, I can see the acknowledgement in the received data of both the projector and receiver devices in HB.

They are on two separate com ports (COM1 & 4), using two different device defs. Any idea how their received data can be "cross-pollinating"?
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

The received data will get broadcast to all Generic Serial Devices unless a specific device is specified. To restrict the received data to a particular device, enter the name of the device in the Received Data Serial Device Definition property of the Hardware Interface.
Scott