Essentials keyboard emulation

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Essentials keyboard emulation

Post by Richard Naninck »

I am looking for a way to emulate keyboard keys (a, b, c etc etc) so Meedio Essentials will receive them. This way I can jump to the first letter of a movie in my movie library, or an mp3 in my music library by pressing the correct letter button in my HouseBot theme. I have the HouseBot - Meedio Connector setup and defined the complete alphabet in the Input section of the Meedio Configuration tab. Just like I set up jump points for all of my menu options in essentials to be controlled by HouseBot, this does not seem to work for the alphabet. I use a dual screen setup with a HouseBot theme on the primary and the Essentials screen on the secondairy. So if I use the theme, I will loose focus on Essentials. That's why the jump points used by the connector are a good solution. I can't use the USB UIRT to send codes, because when the UIRT sends codes, it cannot receive at the same time to feed Essentials with NumToKey IR codes.

Any thoughts on this one?????????
talisman

Post by talisman »

Wait for a post From Rayth Kaled which should be out today.

We have a setup that is completelty separate to Meedio essentials that will allow you to control ANYTHING within essentials via Housebot.

Tally
Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
Richard Naninck

Fixed it myself with the script below. It transfers focus to Essentials, wait for a timeout on sendfocus, so Essentials really has focus and then send a key. The key is put in a property using my SWRemote. Works like a charm..

'----------------------------------
Option Explicit

Dim objShell
Dim objExec
Dim SendKey

Set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

Do
Sleep 1
SendKey = GetPropertyValue ("Send Meedio Keys.Send Meedio Key")
If SendKey <> "Waiting" Then
SetPropertyValue "Send Meedio Keys.Send Meedio Key", "Waiting"

Set objExec = objShell.Exec ("C:\Program Files\Meedio\Meedio Essentials\data\prog\SendFocus.exe meedio essentials")

Do While objExec.Status = 0
Sleep 100
Loop

objShell.SendKeys SendKey

Set objExec = Nothing
End If
Loop

Set objShell = Nothing
Richard Naninck

talisman wrote:Wait for a post From Rayth Kaled which should be out today.

We have a setup that is completelty separate to Meedio essentials that will allow you to control ANYTHING within essentials via Housebot.

Tally
Not sure if the setup you talk about is able to send Keyboard keys like NumToKey does so you can jump from a HouseBot SWRemote directly to a movie which starts with a 'k' for example. So here I am, in front of me are 180 movies with titles ranging from a to z and I want the see The Thing. In stead of scrolling down to this movie I would like to hit the 'T' button in my theme which jumps to the first movie starting with a 'T'. My setup above, just emulates a keyboard and it always works from any SWRemote becuase it sets focus to Meedio first. So even if I use it from my dual screen setup where teh SWRemote is on the primary and Meedio is on the secondairy monitor, this works because Meedio loses focus when pressing a Key button in my SWRemote, but regains focus again by the script. I am very happy with this setup as it became more usefull in time where my libraries are extending so much.