Checksum error on CM11A

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
OverloadUT

Checksum error on CM11A

Post by OverloadUT »

Hello everybody

I am trying to set up HouseBot on my server and I am running in to a checksum error when I try to send any commands through my CM11A X10 Module:

Code: Select all

Error:  Checksum returned from CM11A is not correct.  Return = [a5] Expected [ea]
A search in these forums didn't turn up anything that useful. I'm wondering what this means and how I can fix it. Any help will be appreciated!
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

Seems like some miss communiaction. Does your CM11A work when you use it with the standard software? Since you cannot set any serial settings, maybe you have some spikes in your powerline. Just guessing here.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

a5 is returned from the CM11a when it needs it's internal clock set. This was an old problem that I thought I had fixed some time ago.

The easy fix is to load Active Home (or whatever software comes with the CM11a) and set the clock that way.

Also make sure the batteries are good in the CM11a.
Scott
OverloadUT

Post by OverloadUT »

Unfortunately I cannot load the ActiveHome software - it locks up my machine so bad that Remote Desktop completely freezes and even PsKill takes about 20 minutes to execute the kill command on the ActiveHome process. I've always had this problem with ActiveHome; it might be a compatibility problem with Windows Server 2003.

However, despite this ActiveHome problem, Housebot has always worked perfectly for me. This is the first time I've tried using it in over a year though... it's possible that my CM11a is busted....

Do you know of any other way to set the clock? Oh, and I did put fresh batteries in.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Make sure you are running at least the Meedio version of HouseBot. Anything before that may not include the logic to set the clock automatically from the plugin.

Make sure you restart HouseBot after you have changed the batteries.

The only other way I can think to set the clock is to run ActiveHome on another machine and set the CM11a there and then move it back to the HouseBot machine.
Scott