Levition X10 Coupler/Repeater Problem

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
jkim

Levition X10 Coupler/Repeater Problem

Post by jkim »

I was having some reliability problems, so I bought Leviton's new HCA02 Coupler/Repeater. Now, whenever I try to run any of the macros that have multiple step lighting commands in them (even with some 100-200 ms of delay between them), I get the following error after each and the command does not execute. I usually have to power off the my X10 CM11A module for it to start working again. See attached for error shots

Any ideas? Please help!

Error reading COM port. Error = Insufficient data in read buffer
Attachments
Doc1.zip
(79.98 KiB) Downloaded 284 times
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Hard to say exactly, but it would seem that the HCA02 is sending something that the CM11A plugin is not expecting. If you enable the hardware interface trace, it will provide some additional details. However, it will probably still be something related to the data sent by the HCA02.

I have an HCA02 in my home as well, but I use the PowerLinc instead of the CM11A.
Scott
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

Scott - I just saw this response from months ago. I still have the same issue and have taken out the repeater. Of course, X10 is now fairly flakey.

Can you send me some specifics in the hardware tracking and I will re-install the repeater?

Thanks.
jkim

Post by jkim »

Scott - Can you help me with this one? It is driving me nuts as without the repeater, the X10 is not reliable in my house.

Thanks!
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

To generate a trace file:
  1. Select the Hardware Interface from the Tree View.
  2. Click on the 'Hardware Module Type' button at the top of the Interface Property list.
  3. Click on the 'Enabled' checkbox to turn on tracing.
  4. Try and use the interface again. This should generate data in the log file.
  5. Turn the tracing off by clearing the 'Enabled' checkbox set previously.
  6. Send the trace file (InterfaceTrace.*.csv) to me at '[email protected]'. The file can be found in the HouseBot\Logs directory.
Scott