string from device

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
andre

string from device

Post by andre »

Hi, i want to send and receive strings to my rs232 device (PIC), first i create a Hardware interface, then the hardware definition, then the command configuration, after that someone explain me how i create Propety Value to pass the values (string) that i want, associated with the command that i create in the command configuration ?, then how i configure HB to receive strings from the device ?. please explain me step by step
Thanks
Timoh
Advanced Member

Post by Timoh »

When you create your device based on your serial interface, the property "Received Data" is what is coming in from the serial port.

I created another property for sending data. You will need to map some values of the property to some commands of the interface. This can be done with commands tab of the property in the serial device. (Not the interface.)

I found it confusing at first between interfaces and devices. If you take out the script and the task in the example I sent you, all you are left with is the interface which has some commands in it and a device (for that interface) which has the default received data and the new property I created "sent data" with some values mapped to commands on the commands tab.

Tim
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

Maybe in the link below you will find some answers to your questions.

http://www.cebotics.com/phpbb2/viewtopi ... c&start=15