Volume Control

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
ericvic

Volume Control

Post by ericvic »

OK, I have my IR codes setup for the volume up and down on my receiver but now I'm trying to figure out what kind of property I need to use to attach to these IR codes. I want to be able to put a button on the software remote and for each click send out the IR code. I know how to attach a remote button to a property and how to attach a property to an IR code but what type of property do I need to use to have a repeating button that will send out the volume up command.

Also (this was reported a long while back) if you try to use zone 0 on the SECU-16IR of the Ocelot the code doesn't get sent out of zone 0. If you change everything to zone 1 then it works fine. I was tearing my hair out over this one tonight.

Thanks for any help.

Eric
Hobby Boards
Complete 1-Wire solutions
http://www.hobby-boards.com
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: Volume Control

Post by ScottBot »

ericvic wrote:OK, I have my IR codes setup for the volume up and down on my receiver but now I'm trying to figure out what kind of property I need to use to attach to these IR codes. I want to be able to put a button on the software remote and for each click send out the IR code. I know how to attach a remote button to a property and how to attach a property to an IR code but what type of property do I need to use to have a repeating button that will send out the volume up command.
There are different ways to go about doing this. One solution would be to:
  1. Using the Property Manager, create a new alpha-numeric Property called Up/Down.
  2. Give it two discrete values (up & down)
  3. Add the property (right mouse click on device in tree view) to the/a device that is using your IR Hardware Interface.
  4. Click on the up & down property on the device and select the IR Codes tab.
  5. Associate/assign the up code with the IR up command configured in the Hardware Interface and the down code with the down command.
Now if you use a property change button on the software remote to change the up down property to up, it will send the UP IR. If you change it to down, it will send the down.
Scott