Finding a deleted reference in a theme

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Circe640
Advanced Member

Finding a deleted reference in a theme

Post by Circe640 »

I am trying to export a theme and the export fails because it thinks it has a deleted reference. I have taken the file into an external editor and looked for all instances of D_ID and made sure they all point to the same device ID is there another ID I need to check on the xml file?
dlmorgan999
HouseBot Special Member

Post by dlmorgan999 »

More often than not I've seen that problem for a property. You might want to check for P_ID values.

-- Dave
yaccri
HouseBot Special Member

Post by yaccri »

You may also try the following:
- Open every panel with SWRemote
- Look at HB's error log file.

If a device or a property does not exist, it should show there.

If that doesn't help, you may also try all the task buttons and look again at the error log.
Circe640
Advanced Member

Post by Circe640 »

I found the problem -- it is a little HB quirk. If you have device properties that are referenced in a panel enter or exit list and then delete the device, you cannot do an export even if you re-create the device unless the device ends up with the same object ID. You cannot see the property changes on the enter and exit properties because since HouseBot can no longer find the device ID it errors out and therefore they are not available to change-- watch for the message in the message line on the bottom of the screen. When you try and do an export you get a Reference to Deleted device error. The only way to fix this is to load up the theme XML in an editor and look for D_ID that are different from the one for the current valid device and replace them manually.