Version 3.0 Feature

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
dlmorgan999
HouseBot Special Member

Post by dlmorgan999 »

I figured I might as well chime in too. Although the split would be nice, I would much prefer additional features. With the batch file I use to restart HB if it dies and Remote Desktop for connectivity I have a very usable alternative to the service option.

-- Dave
Nullen_Void

Post by Nullen_Void »

I vote that you skip the split
Basi

Post by Basi »

Has anyone herd anything else on "the split".

I know Scott said it is postponed, but where do you guys
think HB is headed at this point?

Any info, speculation, would be nice!?

-basi
Affini

Post by Affini »

Scott,
what about leaving the integration and just adding multi-zone capability?

e.g. do not "split" anything. just add the ability to have one instance act as a 'server' to several other slave instances. maybe even build a thin client to act as slaves?

I've seen this work well in situations like this.

Multi-zone control is a HUGE plus!
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

Could you elaborate a bit. My HouseBot setup is multizone as multizone can be.
spike5884

Post by spike5884 »

Affini wrote:just add the ability to have one instance act as a 'server' to several other slave instances.
This is already possible. One instance of HouseBot can "talk" to another instance of HouseBot. And back and forth. I had this set-up for a while and it worked with no problems. I am not talking about the Software Remotes. You just need to by more licenses of the server. Which is cheap when compared to some others...
Thanks,
Scott J
aka spike5884
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

Exactly what I meant to say, but with less words. Having the SWRemotes AND the device replicator which enables you to talk to other instances of HB Servers, is all you need to create a nice multi zone environment.
spike5884 wrote:
Affini wrote:just add the ability to have one instance act as a 'server' to several other slave instances.
This is already possible. One instance of HouseBot can "talk" to another instance of HouseBot. And back and forth. I had this set-up for a while and it worked with no problems. I am not talking about the Software Remotes. You just need to by more licenses of the server. Which is cheap when compared to some others...
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

I know I'm late to this party and the votes are cast. But I'm intriqued by the idea of the HB server running as a service. I don't need the UI/server split, as I either use Remote Desktop, or I walk down stairs. But my HB server crashes periodically - never have determined the cause. I'm thinking that if it were running as service this might not happen.
FWIW,
Steve
talisman

Post by talisman »

Any news on Version 3.0 at all Scott?
Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came