Where did "Send IR Command" go?

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Dazed and confused

Where did "Send IR Command" go?

Post by Dazed and confused »

When I went into the property manager, "Send IR Command" is no longer on the list. If I try to add it again the "Not Unique" message box appears. All my IR commands work through the USB-UIRT. WTF?

Any ideas???

Greg
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Not sure. It should be there. It's right above "Send Message" in my list.
Scott
Dazed and confused

I agree, it should be there but it isn't. I've had other weird things happen like "select" boxes not appearing in the HouseBot program. I don't know if the program is corrupt or what the heck is going on. I do know I'll be in trouble if I need to add property values to that segment of the property manager.

Greg
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Sounds like maybe the database might be the problem. If you want to send your HBData.mdb file to me ([email protected]), I'll give it a look and see if there's something I can do to fix it.
Scott
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

I have that in my list as well, but never knew abot this property. I created separate IR Send properties per device with only those values that are unique to the device. This was done when I first started using HouseBot and I didn't know exactly how all of this stuff worked. I figured I couldn't re-use a property for multiple devices. Actually, come to think of it I guess I only use the Time properties from the original setup and all the rest of the properties are custom made.

Bottom line... You could always recreate this or such a property if your database appears to be corrupt. It will require some work, but you should not be at a loss!

Good luck
Dazed and confused

Thanks Richard,

You are correct of course. I was more concerned about the stability of the program as a whole on my machine. The HouseBot program has been the most wonderful, taylorable, software I've ever used. It truly is Genius! The remote control I use with it has evolved over a long period of time. I would hate to have to start over because of some silly glitch that I created.

Greg
Dazed and confused

Thanks Scott,

I'll try to send that file to you. I'll look.

Greg
Dazed and confused

For those members curious to know the cause and resolution to this problem or generally seeking closure for this thread, here is the ugly truth.

It appears that I somehow changed the "Send IR Command" to "ableOnDemandF1". I have no idea how I did that but knowing me like I do, I have no trouble believing I did so.

Now, for the accolades.

At Scott's request I emailed him the HBData file. In short order and true heroic form, he found the cause and offered a solution. Heres to Scott, Kudos to an extraordinary person.

Greg