Insteon Plugin

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
bjlamarca

Post by bjlamarca »

Scott,

If you are going forward with the PLM, then ignore my comments about the current SDM based plug-in. I'd rather wait and have it done right.

Terry,

The key to dealing with the "Boss" is justifying the cost. For example, one of the first things I did in our new place is make all the bedroom lights Insteon, and put a controller on my wife's bedstand. Was suprised how much she enjoys controlling the lights. Got me approval to do the rest of the townhouse. (Not that disapproval would have really stopped me :wink: )
allanstevens

Post by allanstevens »

LOL, so true.

First automation I did was put an x10 stickerswitch on the girlfriends side of the bed so she could control the lamp and main light. Now most of the house is automated :). Getting housebot to pause the media center and display who's calling was also a hit.
vcruz77

Post by vcruz77 »

I installed Housebot version 3.0 and the insteon plugin looks more stable than with the previous version, however I am getting at least three to four failures per day. In Housebot the error says "Insteon Command Timed-out" but when I look into the SDM logs I don't find anything, at least nothing I could interpret as a failure.

Scott, any idea or troubleshooting tips?

Victor
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Turn on the tracing for the PowerLinc interface. There may be some additional info in the trace.

To generate a trace file:
  1. Select the Hardware Interface from the Tree View.
  2. Click on the 'Hardware Module Type' button at the top of the Interface Property list.
  3. Click on the 'Enabled' checkbox to turn on tracing.
  4. Try and use the interface again. This should generate data in the log file.
  5. Turn the tracing off by clearing the 'Enabled' checkbox set previously.
  6. Checkout the trace file (InterfaceTrace.*.csv). The file can be found in the HouseBot\Logs directory.
Scott
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

FYI, if you want to be on the beta, please see this post.
Scott