Winamp control via list control selection

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
jonkjon

Winamp control via list control selection

Post by jonkjon »

I would like to have Winamp change to and play a file that is selected in a list control. The list control that i am currently using is populated by the playlist manager device. I can't seem to figure out a way to make this work.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Have you looked at the WinAmp sample found in this post? Might give you some good examples.
Scott
jonkjon

Post by jonkjon »

I just figured this out. I didn't quite have a grasp on what the single click and double click change properties were doing. Thanks though....BTW This software is far and away "THE BEST" automation software on the market. You should really be proud!
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

jonkjon wrote:...BTW This software is far and away "THE BEST" automation software on the market. You should really be proud!
Thanks. I believe that the DIYers that like to roll up their sleeves and tackle the learning curve can put together a pretty decent system for the money. I think it still has a long want to go for the non-DIYer in making setup and configuration really easy.
Scott
jonkjon

Post by jonkjon »

I hear ya! I think that statement holds true for home automation in general.
James D

Post by James D »

Hey Jon,

Did you get an answer to what you are trying to do with Winamp? I have a couple of ideas for you if you would like.
jonkjon

Post by jonkjon »

Sorry to be so long replying to you. I got involved in something else and kind of dropped this discussion. Yes, i did get this working. I am having some trouble in getting the fast forward and rewind commands to work in the winamp device. If you have any insight on that, i would really appreciate it. Thanks.