HouseBot_web_control.asp

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
jonkjon

HouseBot_web_control.asp

Post by jonkjon »

Is the HouseBot_web_control.asp file still supposed to be in the web_sample directory. I don't see it. Also, if possible,does anyone have an asp.NET version or example for the com control object? Thanks!
jonkjon

Post by jonkjon »

I did some re-coding and was able to get what i needed so far. I am using the com control object to create aspx files for controlling my devices with an ipod touch. So far it is working great. I need to play around with the com control a little more to get the status etc. Even without the status, it's pretty cool.....

I'll still take some examples if anyone has any to offer.....
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: HouseBot_web_control.asp

Post by ScottBot »

jonkjon wrote:Is the HouseBot_web_control.asp file still supposed to be in the web_sample directory. I don't see it....
If you chose the "External Control Sample Files" during setup (which I assume you did, since you have the other files), it will ask you do to an import the next time you start HouseBot. It will copy the ASP files in your HouseBot\Plugins\Devices\ExternalComControl\web_sample directory.
Scott
jonkjon

Post by jonkjon »

I am having some problems using the com control object to access Winamp. It runs o.k. but it causes my pc to lock up on occasion. It also seems to miss ocassionally when i send a new playlist to it from another machne on my network. It doesn't do this when i am using the com control object to access my Insteon devices.
I have triple checked my code to make sure that i have disposed of the obect(s) before i reuse them.
I was just wondering if anyone else was using the com control object to control winamp.