Touch Panel Controller Solution

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Re: Touch Panel Controller Solution

Post by Osler »

Take a look at these:

http://www.cubloc.com/product/06_01.php

Same form factor as what is above, but it runs Windows XP.

Osler
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

That 15" one seems to be a good solution. Not very expensive compared to other panels I have seen. I would like it to be as small as possible but it must be XGA (1024x768). Anything smaller in resolution doesn't fit my theme. Lots of theme panels are scripted and displaying on a lower res would mean a different theme and I don't want different themes. It's already complicated concernig the WAF so different themes wouldn't add up to that. The paceblade is 12" and XGA, but almost three times the cost. It would be nice though to have a portable solution so the complete remote can be brought out in the garden etc.
o_sobolev

Post by o_sobolev »

Hi Osler,

I'm very impressed by this device and I would certainly use it in my installation as a touch panel. Could you please tell what have you used as a wall-mount box for them? And was it a concrete wall?

Thanks
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

It is located in a stud wall, not concrete. I simple cut the opening in the drywall covering the studs such that it slides in with a snug fit (i.e., it's held in by friction). I had been looking at outdoor electrical boxes made out of PVC as a true enclosure. These are available at the local hardware store in the states in a size that would accomidate the 3200 and could be mounted on a concrete wall.

Osler
wetwired

Post by wetwired »

I want this touchscreen, usb connected.

http://thegadgeteers.com/product_mimo.html
Djony1987

Post by Djony1987 »

Hi Osler,

Could you write more about compiling source code in VS 2005 (AutoRun.exe)?
(I need to replace "Storage Card" --> "Flash disc")
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

Are you getting an error of some sort? You should be able to cut and paste the code on the previous page and then build it. The .exe should be in one of the subfolders for your project.

Osler
Djony1987

Post by Djony1987 »

Hi,

I create VB project (Console Application), cut and paste the code and then try to build this code, but there are some errors.
Maybe i doing something wrong? (I have never worked with VB)
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

Find attached my latest project files for this. I have changed the program so that it presents a screen with a big connect button at start-up. This should make it easier for non-technical people to restart the remote connection in the event of a power failure or disconnection. I have also increased the delay for when sendkeys is used to send the password due to some network slowdown I experienced when I started using SageTV and had large amounts of data streaming about my network.

If you still can't get it to work with these project files, let me know and I will make a build specific for your needs.

Osler
Attachments
AutoRun.zip
(68.15 KiB) Downloaded 388 times
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

Here is an executable for CE 5.0 specific for your application. I have changed "Storage Card" -> "Flash disc" as your specified. In addition, I have changed "Connect" on the display to "Подсоедините", which should be specific for your local.

Osler
Attachments
AutoRun.zip
(6.22 KiB) Downloaded 359 times
Djony1987

Post by Djony1987 »

Osler, Thank you very much! I'l check..
Спасибо=)