Newbie...and IR codes

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
MichaelK

Newbie...and IR codes

Post by MichaelK »

Greetings all!

I've downloaded Housebot, and awaiting my USB-UIRT to arrive. In preparation, I am attempting to gets codes from remotecentral.com to hopefully import into housebot so I dont have to teach it all of the commands by hand. You mention Prono codes being gthe format for housebot, and I was curious where on remotecentral this may be, as I am finding diverse groups of various pronto models and hybrids.

Also, Id love to see some more templates, I learn better working off someone else's idea than reading how to do something and doing it.....trial by fire I suppose :) Thanks!
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Codes found on RemoteCentral should work. I've had moderate success with that, but in my own experience it's not 100%.

Over time I'll have more templates available. Initially the software shortcomings were functionality. Now that's shifting more to usability, so samples are a good way to shorten the learning curve.

Scott
MichaelK

Which codes?

Post by MichaelK »

at remotecentral.com under FILES there are a bunch of Pronto subheadings...which heading is recommended? Pronto next generation? ProntoNeo? ipronto? ProntoPro? Thanks again!

~Michael
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Michael,

I've always used the codes in "Pronto and pronto Pro" section. I would think that codes from any of the areas should work. I think the CCF's may be different between Pronto models, but the format of the code should be the same.

Scott