SmartHome TempLinc

Have an idea for a new feature? Voice your opinion here.
MarkS

SmartHome TempLinc

Post by MarkS »

Any chance you can add this as a device instead of just the generic X10 devices? http://www.smarthome.com/1625.HTML This particular unit uses more than one unit code to decode the temperature.

Thanks,

Mark
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

I'll add it to the list, but I honestly can't say I'll have a chance to get to work on it very soon.

Scott
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

Thanks Scott, I can live without it for a while. I want to use it to contol other devices based on the temperature. For instance, if it get below 25, turn on a heat lamp to prevent pipes from freezing, or if it gets above 100 turn on fans.

Mark
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

You can still use HouseBot to control the TempLinc. You will just need to setup multiple X10 Devices, or use the X10 Controller. You will probably need to write a VBScript (or Task if the control is simple enough).

Scott
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

Scott,

I already tried that, but the multiple devices never seemed to change. I also setup a controller and it never registered anything from the TempLinc.

Mark
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

I was assuming that it communicated ... somehow... using standard X10 commands. If this is the case, I don't know why you wouldn't see anything with an X10 Controller.

I've never used a TempLinc, so I really have no idea what the problem could be.

Scott