Essentials plugin for HouseBot?

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Kairos

Post by Kairos »

cool, I'll start playing around when I get home
blepore

Post by blepore »

This package includes a set of plugins which allow Meedio Essentials and Meedio HouseBot to communicate with each other. This will allow Meedio Essentials to display and change the properties of Meedio HouseBot devices. It will also allow Meedio HouseBot to send Meedio messages and commands to Meedio Essentials. It does not yet allow Meedio HouseBot to directly access the Meedio Essentials media library.

:cry: Acheslow is a big tease. I was all psyched at first. But, based on the above, I'll let the other more "Housebot-centric" folks give it a whirl. I'll wait until it has PDA control of the libraries before I get exited again. Any idea how long it will be, Acheslow?

In the mean time, I'll pass on buying Housebot. I'll try ToothControl or a simple VNC derivative like PTvnc.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

How about an update on the interface between Essentials and Hopusebot. Is it in our future? Alan? Scott? Anyone?
Steve
spike5884

Post by spike5884 »

Steve,

Open your eyes, :shock: The future is here!

http://www.meedio.com/forum/about24806.html

http://www.meedio.com/forum/about24807.html

Baby Steps... Slowly but surely...

Or are you wanting a "guess" on when we will have a fully functional interface?
Thanks,
Scott J
aka spike5884
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Thanks; I had seen the pre-beta announcement when Alan sent it initially. I'm looking for some idea of when I'll be able to control (select, play, pause, skip) media in Essentials from Housebout. Currently I'm using Jukebot and its standalone database with HB, but with marginal success. My dream application/interface would be a full functioning plugin for Winamp, with the ability to select and queue several playlists/albums, FF,skip, play,pause,stop, display cover art, etc. Jukebot pulls off some of that, but in my implementaion has some quirks. Knowing that a major reason for absorbing HB into Meedio was to be able to integrate the 2 apps, I'm anticipating that I'll be able to do all the above once its available.
Steve
blepore

ToothControl

Post by blepore »

Have you guys seen the Toothcontrol plugin? (I think it might also works with Winamp) It's a pretty simple way to do bi-directional control of your movies and music from a PDA. It works well for me without having to use anything like Housebot, Girder or Netremote.

http://www.meedio.com/maid/detail.php?m ... CB41EAF71}
dlmorgan999
HouseBot Special Member

Post by dlmorgan999 »

Steve:

Although the interface is not exactly "feature-rich" yet, you can do most of what you want regarding music control. I just added a few buttons to my Essential panel in my HouseBot theme and they work as you requested.

You need to create Property Change buttons pointed to the Essentials connector device. Then set Property to "Command to send" and set "New Value" to NEXT, PREVIOUS, PAUSE, or whatever else you want to do.

I'm not sure what you mean by Select but if you just mean the equivalent of clicking on a song to select you can do that by creating another button and using SELECT as the value. A list of these values (and MANY others) is on the Input tab of the Meedio Configuration program.

-- Dave
talisman

Post by talisman »

Hi guys, ok im stupidly new to all this but learning by the day.

I have essentials and HB rumming together as the initial instuctions from the beginning of the Connector.

Id like to tidy up a few things and have no idea how to do some things so please help.

In Essentials when i go to my "Projection Screen" you can change the status to On Off Dim Lev, Bright etc etc etc.

Id like to JUSt have the options in there that will work. Is there a way to do this at all??
Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Dave, thanks for the Esseinials/HB info. After I posted that I looked at the info on Essentials (not the connector; just the app) and decided to either dowload the trial version or go ahead and purchase it, with the idea of at least getting it prepped for the eventuality of a full function HB interface. Knowing the it's at least partially functional is further incentive to jump in.
Steve