Software remote on Intel XScale processor

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Zei

Software remote on Intel XScale processor

Post by Zei »

Hi,

Does housebot software remote work on eg. Ipaq/Qtek (Microsoft Windows Pocket PC 2003 Mobile Edition) pocket pc's running on Intel XScale processors?

Or is software remote only for arm, mips, sh3?
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

I can't honestly say that I know. But it's a 15 day trial, so maybe you could let us all know. :)
Scott
Zei

Post by Zei »

ScottBot wrote:I can't honestly say that I know. But it's a 15 day trial, so maybe you could let us all know. :)

Yes, I will for sure, as soon as I get my Pocket PC, but I'm afraid that it might be too late when I will receive it in a month. It will be Qtek 9090.

Why can't you do a software remote that works with .net. In that case it would work in all MS Pocket PCs. A lot a new processors nowadays is XScale.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Zei wrote:Why can't you do a software remote that works with .net. In that case it would work in all MS Pocket PCs. A lot a new processors nowadays is XScale.
I'm sure it will happen. It makes more sense now that the platform has been out for a while.
Scott
Zei

Post by Zei »

ScottBot wrote:I can't honestly say that I know. But it's a 15 day trial, so maybe you could let us all know. :)
It's working with XScale and XScale is binary compatible with ARM. Just to let anyone who is readling this thread to know. :)
Tofer

Xscale Support

Post by Tofer »

The last entry in this thread seems to imply that the Xscale-based CE devices will run the housebot software remote. I have two CE-based touchpads I would love to use with the system, but I get the error "not a Windows CE application" when I try to run the software remote... any suggestions? any timing as to when we might see it? Would windows remote desktop work as an alternative?