Something has changed here...

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
OverloadUT

Something has changed here...

Post by OverloadUT »

It's been a while since I've visited here, but something has changed...

What is it...

Oh, right! Everything!

I'm sure you've gotten this a lot: What has happened? I was last here when HouseBot was free. Now it's $100, right?

Now, I'm all for making money on your hard work and stuff, but I would like to know what this new expensive version of HouseBot has that my free version I still have installed does not. Could you fill me in?

I actually came here to get a new version because my version is crashing on startup.

$100 is so much! I originally used HouseBot because HAL2000 was way too expensive. But now HouseBot is really expensive too. :(

Edit: Upon reading my post, I realized that it kind of looks like I'm being sarcastic. I'm not - I would seriously like to know what's new in HouseBot. It was such a great program that I might even buy it if it has some spiffy new things.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: Something has changed here...

Post by ScottBot »

OverloadUT wrote:I would seriously like to know what's new in HouseBot. It was such a great program that I might even buy it if it has some spiffy new things.
The best answer I can give you to what has changed is "Its Future".

The current version (2.20) is basically the same as the 2.15 version that you have (minus the VB SDK and a few plugins). Since you were a HouseBot user before it moved over to Meedio, you're eligible for a free upgrade to 2.20. I think this linkshould still work.

Initially, the future will bring plugins that will integrate HouseBot with the Meedio Essentials product. This may or may not be a big deal to you right now, but it makes sense for both of the products as a whole. Beyond that, there is more potential for various plugins (and spiffy features), since Meedio has a team of developers and a heck of a lot more users than the old HouseBot community.

BTW, if you send me some info on the crash, maybe I can help.

I'm still here... I guess that's another thing that hasn't changed. :wink:
Scott
OverloadUT

Post by OverloadUT »

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am excited to see what new plugins will come from this merger.

Unfortunately, that link doesn't seem to have any info about HouseBot - only Meedio Essentials. I am getting a php error on that page:

Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/httpd/vhosts/meedio.com/httpdocs/forum/coupon.php on line 81

Maybe that's causing me to not see something I should be?

I can't wait to get HouseBot back up and running. If the new version still crashes, I'll give you as much details as I can.

I also had another question on how to do something, but it deserves its own thread.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

OverloadUT wrote:Unfortunately, that link doesn't seem to have any info about HouseBot - only Meedio Essentials. I am getting a php error on that page:
I guess it may depend on your login. I get two keys on the page. One for Essentials and one for HouseBot. Of course, I don't get a php error. You might want to try again.
Scott
OverloadUT

Post by OverloadUT »

This is exactly what I see on the page (minus the blurry parts :P)

[edit: image removed by admin]

Is there someone at Meedio I should talk to... or... what?

I really want to get my home automation system up and running again!
switzch

Post by switzch »

i get the same error and I too would like to purchase housebot.
acheslow

Post by acheslow »

OverloadUT, I removed the image from your post since that information is not supposed to be shared. Please PM and I'll look into the problem.

switzch, please PM me too and we'll work it out.
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

I just tried the link and there is nothing about Housebot, only Meedio Essentials and Meedio TV. I didn't get any error messages either. :(

Mark
acheslow

Post by acheslow »

Mark, sorry about that, we still need to transition one of the databases to a new server. Check your PM box.