newbie, please help me

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
jhollon

newbie, please help me

Post by jhollon »

can someone out there tell me how in the hell to set up housebot from the begining so that i can control Meedia Essentials. I can get connectivity with the housebot server, but i only get that sample skin and i have no clue how to do anything else. I have read the help files that are out there and i just get more confused. Is there a way that a basic 'working' template is out there so i can test the basic functionality of this before i buy it. I know it has potential, but i am losing my mind here and i may not be able to even move the volume up and down on my meedio box before my 15 day trial is up.

thanks,

jeff
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Jeff,

Unfortunately the plugins needed for HouseBot and Essentials to communicate with each other are not yet available. Each system will run on its own and when the plugins are complete, you will be able to bridge the two together.
Scott
jhollon

Post by jhollon »

any ideas on when this might happen?
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

It's on the top of the list after Meedio TV is done. I think the current plan is that there should be something in January, but don't quote me.
Scott
shaggster

Post by shaggster »

Is there any update on this topic yet?

I am thinking about buying Housebot but having seen how long TV has taken I am reluctant to pay for something that may be months away?