Let me know what you think of my theme

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
switzch

Let me know what you think of my theme

Post by switzch »

Im working on my first theme for a 800x600 screen i just purchased. Right now I mainly have housebot set up to contol all the a/v gear and the htpc through girder mostly. In the future I am planning on getting some smarthome lighting stuff so I am planning the skin with that in mind.

I am a noobie to skin making so let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions. I am pretty happy with how is coming along so far, i have been pulling some images from some meedio skins which spice things up a bit - thanks.

Also, if anyone is interested I can post my working photoshop files and png buttons somewhere if anyone wants to check them out or help work on this.

fyi, on all pages there is the indictor , lighting scenes, and volume box. In the meedia tab i am planning on having popups for meedio, mytheatre (tv viewing app until i get meedio tv working) and a dvd player (zoomplayer).

Tez

Post by Tez »

Looking good.....interested to see how you progress..

What are you using to send IR code from the PC to the AV devices?

What lighting control system do you plan to use?

Tez
Regards,

Tez
switzch

Post by switzch »

What are you using to send IR code from the PC to the AV devices?
I am using a usbuirt with little ir stickys in the front of components.
What lighting control system do you plan to use?

I plan to get a usb powerlinc with some smarthome products and control it through housebot.
ShiftyPowers

Post by ShiftyPowers »

looks really good. I would love to be able to borrown those PNGs in the middle, they would definitely boost my theme. Question about the volume buttons, are those numeric values you send to your system or is it just an estimate? I'm wondering because my receiver won't let me send it discrete volume values (only pressing up and down volume on the remote).
switzch

Post by switzch »

Question about the volume buttons, are those numeric values you send to your system or is it just an estimate?

It is not direct numeric values - just up and down (+10 increases volume by 10db). I am working on adding a dial for volume with a plugin by Circlue640, but for now it should work fine. Here is the link http://www.meedio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19274

When I get home I will RAR up all the png's and post it for anyone interested.

[/url]
switzch

Post by switzch »

I was bored, so I VNC'd to my computer and grabbed all the files. Everything except photoshop files can be downloaded HERE

If anyone has somewhere I can upload these files it would be super, this server is only temp. for now.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

You can also export the images in your own HouseBot skin for sharing. This will allow users to select the images from within HouseBot just as with the stock skins. If you're interesed, there's info on how to do this in the online help.

Someday soon, Meedio will hopefully have a method for sharing skins from their site.

BTW, the Theme looks great :!:
Scott
switzch

Post by switzch »

Thanks Scott.

You can also export the images in your own HouseBot skin for sharing. This will allow users to select the images from within HouseBot just as with the stock skins. If you're interesed, there's info on how to do this in the online help.

My plan is to do this when I am done with all the panels. Right now I only have buttons finished for the screen posted.

Yah, having skin sharing on the meedio site would be awsome.
ShiftyPowers

Post by ShiftyPowers »

so how do you get it to increase volume by only +10 for example? Is it a certain number of repeats?
switzch

Post by switzch »

yeah, exactly.
ShiftyPowers

Post by ShiftyPowers »

switzch, actually was trying to create a button that repeats 10 times but can't figure out how to do it. Do I need to use a task or something to create something like that?
RxMan

Post by RxMan »

Do you ever check you PMs? :)
switzch

Post by switzch »

Do you ever check you PMs? Smile
Yah, sorry i noticed it this morning.

I will be updating this thread with some more screen caps of this theme shortly. Its really coming together now. Plus, I just ordered my powerlinc which should arrive next week - so the lighting buttons will actually work soon :)

This forum has been really slow lately.
RxMan

Post by RxMan »

What type of touch screen are you using?
switzch

Post by switzch »

Its an older 12" ELO.

looks kinda like this