usb-uirt

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
AndyA

usb-uirt

Post by AndyA »

I have recently purchased a usb-uirt, do you need a plugin for this device?

Searching the forum's I found a plugin that supports input only, does this mean it cannot transmit IR codes using Housebot? Confused :(

Also does anyone know if there is any form of voice command for Housebot, or can Housebot interface with other programs that do support this?

Regards, Andy.
spike5884

Post by spike5884 »

You must be signed-in to 'see' the plugin attachments on messages.

USB-UIRT Plugin is available here:

http://www.meedio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16502

From the USB-UIRT plug-in help:
The USB-UIRT allows HouseBot to both receive and transmit infrared signals. The USB-UIRT can:

Receive signals from the remote controls you already have that will control HouseBot to perform various actions.
'Learn' from remotes you already have and Transmit a duplicate of these signals or any combination of other signals from HouseBot. For example, your PC could automatically turn ON your VCR and tune it to channel 3 from a single IR code reception.
The USB-UIRT uses standard 'Pronto' formatted coding for storing IR codes. This enables you to use codes available from the Web (such as RemoteCentral.com) or from other remotes (such as the Philips Pronto) to control all of your equipment with Remote (IR) receivers (including special 'discrete' remote codes your brand-name remote doesn't include!). For example, the USB-UIRT could transmit the discrete 'Input 3' code to your TV to directly switch it to input 3, rather than cycling through all of the inputs.

According to the help, you should be able to send and receive.

Plugin for Voice Recognition:

http://www.meedio.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... ight=voice

I have not tried either of these plugins, but I hope this info helps.
Thanks,
Scott J
aka spike5884