Leviton Swithes. Model numbers?

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
RxMan

Leviton Swithes. Model numbers?

Post by RxMan »

ScottBott,

You gave me several model numbers for the switches I would need to control my lights. The worthington distribution site does not list any of these model numbers. They have many Leviton switches with other model numbers. They do look like they have much better prices than smarthome does.
ericvic

Post by ericvic »

You should request a catalog from them. They don't have everything listed on their website but they do have much better prices than Smarthome.

Eric
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

You'll need to look over all of the options to decide what works best for your application. Generally, you need to know how much load/current, whether it's a florescent or incandescent load, is dimming needed, and the type of switch (true rocker or not) that you need.

Once you have that info, you will need a switch that is listed as "3-way" to replace one switch in the circuit, plus switch's that are listed as "slave" for each remaining switches in the 3-way circuit.

Checkout the owners manual on the smarthome site for the switches. Even if they're not the exact same switch/model numbers as Worthington, it should give you an idea of how the wiring works.
Scott
Mattman

Post by Mattman »

Crap.. now I need to figure out if my current hardware is ivory or almond.. wife is veerrrrrry picky :?
-= M@ =-