Migrate from Homeseer

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Steveo

Migrate from Homeseer

Post by Steveo »

I am a current Homeseer user, but also a heavy user of Meedio in my lounge setup.

Homeseer currently runs my X10 devices (all lights, 5 PIR's, 4 curtains, some room thermomstats and ceiling fans) and my scripts, devices and events are all working perfectly (quite frankly, I dont touch them anymore).

I am very interested in controlling my Homeseer events and devices from meedio, but this is looking less likely now that they own Housebot. The thought of moving to housebot, quite frankly, scares the crap outta me!

It seems less well defined to meedio in terms of manuals and I am not sure how it would visually interface to Meedio?

Can somebody...:

- Tell me of there experience in integrating Homeseer to meedio

or

- Tell me how hard it would be to migrate to Housebot using all my existing devices

and

- Point me at a screen shot of housebot devices being used in Meedio

Thanks

:D
Steveo

Post by Steveo »

Well, not much response - anybody?

Seems like a perfectly sensible question, considering that Meedio and Housebot are now supposed to be interfaced products. has naybody doen this yet?
acheslow

Post by acheslow »

We have a couple of plugins in development that will provide native integration between Meedio Essentials/TV and Meedio HouseBot. We should have a complete demo environment setup at our booth at CES. I am an ex-Homeseer user myself but find HouseBot much more robust and better suited for my needs.
Steveo

Post by Steveo »

Any indication on the development release dates? I am in Oxford (UK) so a quick trip to the CES is unlikely

:D
acheslow

Post by acheslow »

We are not yet at a point where we can announce a release date but the fact that we will be showing it next week should give you a relative indication.