X10 in the UK

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
AndyA

X10 in the UK

Post by AndyA »

I am using a CM12U connected to Housebot but find that there is a delay of aprox 3seconds from sending a command to it actually happening.

I assume this delay is between the CM12U and the devices?

Is there any way of speeding this up, does a CM10U work faster as from what I read it does not have a stand alone controller built in etc?

Or is there a USB X10 transmitter available for the UK?
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

I know the CM11a is slow, but not that slow. You may be dealing with power-line issues as well. Have you tested turning on the same device using the CM12 with software other than HouseBot?
Scott
AndyA

Post by AndyA »

Many thanks for the reply Scott,

I tried using other programs through the CM11 and they also take around two seconds to control anything (same as Housebot)

I tried using an RF transceiver with remote and this operates fairly instantly, does this remove the possibility of Line noise?

Does the CM11 wait for a response from the device or is it a one way command?

What is the normal average response time of a CM11?

Andrew
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

AndyA wrote:I tried using an RF transceiver with remote and this operates fairly instantly, does this remove the possibility of Line noise?
If you have the transceiver plugged into the same location as the CM11, then it would remove noise as a possibility. I think it's just the slow behavior of the CM11.
Does the CM11 wait for a response from the device or is it a one way command?
Not all X10 devices provide a status response, so I don't think so.
Scott