Skins/Themes

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
AndyA

Skins/Themes

Post by AndyA »

I know this has been asked before, but does anyone have any good themes for housebot?

Or does anyone know if you can use a third party software solution such as MainLobby? I have seen that HomeSeer can be used with MainLobby, could Housebot be used this way?

Andy.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Unfortunately, until HouseBot is setup in the MAID system, there isn't really any way for HouseBot users to share their skins.

If you haven't seen this post, it has a few skins.
Scott
AndyA

Post by AndyA »

Thanks for the reply Scott,

I am fairly new to Housebot, but learning fast!

I have a few questions for you, if you do not mind?

1 Can you input CCTV pictures from cameras ie, front door etc?

2 Is there a way of monitoring incoming phone calls and producing a caller ID to be displayed on screen?

3 What does your system control? just to give me an idea of how far I can go!!

Regards, Andy.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

AndyA wrote:1 Can you input CCTV pictures from cameras ie, front door etc?
You can't insert a live feed into a Theme, although you can have the Theme wrap itself around an existing stream viewer application. You can also use 'dynamic image' controls in the Theme. The dynamic images can be in JPG, PNG, or BMP format and can be used to display anything you like. When you update the dynamic image property in HouseBot, it will send the new image to the Software Remote, so you can possible do it this way.
2 Is there a way of monitoring incoming phone calls and producing a caller ID to be displayed on screen?
Yes. You can use the Modem Phone Status Hardware Interface and Device to do this. You will, of course, need a modem attached to the HouseBot computer that can receive the caller ID info. I do this and even have the caller ID info sent as an SMS message to my cell phone if I'm not home.
3 What does your system control? just to give me an idea of how far I can go!!
I control quite a bit, but my system isn't really all that elaborate. I control my media room via IR, RS232, relays, etc. Also various X10 and Z-Wave devices throughout the house. More interesting for HouseBot is how it is controlled. I've got many many Tasks that automate lights, Caller ID info, Meedio room components, etc. Once you dig into it you'll see that although it has its limits, you can do pretty much all of the common automation tasks.

Regards, Andy.[/quote]
Scott