Property Substitution for time?

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
dlmorgan999
HouseBot Special Member

Property Substitution for time?

Post by dlmorgan999 »

I am trying to use the new property substitution feature and I've run into a problem. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if it's a bug (if I bug I'll open a support ticket).

I created a new time property. I then created a task to set this property to %%System Time.TimeAndDate%% whenever a certain property changed values. When I did this and then looked at the task the line I just added looked like this:

Change 'OmniPro II.Security Mode Time Set' to '12:00 am'

This didn't look right and no matter what I did I couldn't get the substitution string to "stick". To test a bit more I created a property change button on a theme and used the same property and substitution string. This time the substitution string "stuck" but whenever I pushed that button I saw this message in the HouseBot status bar:

Error: Unable to parse default time value [4/30/2005 7:16:06 am]

I tried substituting %%System Time.Time%% also but got a similar error. Am I missing something here?

-- Dave
dlmorgan999
HouseBot Special Member

Post by dlmorgan999 »

I noticed that my HouseBot server was not responding in certain areas (the UI was working fine but some devices weren't working properly any more) so I stopped and restarted it (I didn't pay close attention but I *think* the memory usage was VERY high right before I stopped it). After doing this the substitution string now shows properly in the task I created but I still get the error when I press the test button I created.

-- Dave
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Instead of using a time property, just use an alpha-numeric Property.
Scott
dlmorgan999
HouseBot Special Member

Post by dlmorgan999 »

That did the trick - thanks Scott! I don't think I would have ever figured that one out myself :wink:

-- Dave