HouseBot vs. PowerHome: Comments?

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
HB Guy

HouseBot vs. PowerHome: Comments?

Post by HB Guy »

HouseBot and PowerHome offer similar features at about the same price. Naturally each offers something the other does not have (example: PowerHome has a WAP interface; HouseBot provides Software Remotes).

I'm evaluating the two products and would like to hear from anyone who has compared them. What are the strengths that convinced you to select HouseBot?
HB Guy

Housebot vs. other Home Automation software?

Post by HB Guy »

If not PowerHome then what other applications were evaluated before you made the decision to use HouseBot? What swayed you to use HouseBot?
yaccri
HouseBot Special Member

Post by yaccri »

What swayed you to use HouseBot?
3 reasons: support, supoprt and more support.

I didn't need to evaulate any other product because Scott was giving an awesome support. If I had needed a feature that HB didn't have, he either gave a workaround or added that feature to HB. The response times were amazing. It felt like Scott was never sleeping and always working to make HB better and to give top support.

Now Scott is more busy, but he still gives support and is working on product enhancement.

If HB is not the best automation software, then in the hands of Scott, it will become the best.

It's always good to know what other products offer, and as far as I know, no one made a comparison table.

I encourage other members that had experience with other products, to open a new thread and share their experiences (one thread per product). Maybe by that we will be able to better evaluate the strengths and the weaknesses of HB and call Scott to make enhacements with better judgement.
talisman

Post by talisman »

hear hear

scott does give fantastic assistance. crackin bloke.
Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came