Starting SWRemote minimized while popping a popup

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Starting SWRemote minimized while popping a popup

Post by Richard Naninck »

My SWRemote starts minimized to the system tray.
I have it start at a specific panel and that panel pops a popup using a task in the enter list.
Now when I do this, the SWRemote starts, minimizes but the popup remains visible.
Probably because the minimize is done before the popup pops.
Is there any way to overcome this?
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: Starting SWRemote minimized while popping a popup

Post by ScottBot »

Richard Naninck wrote:Is there any way to overcome this?
Not that I can think of. The SWRemote will display the panel regardless of whether it is minimized or not. This many not always be the behavior you would want, but the main idea was that you would probably want to see the panel/popup if explicitly sent from the server (like some kind of notification message), regardless of if the remote is minimized.
Scott
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

Was afraid so and I even use it like that for my CID popup. The panel pops even while the swremote itself is minimized, but I figured it could / should be different right after startup.

I will work around this by making the pop just part of the panel and make it pop on different panels that the swremote does not start up with.

Found a bug while doing some editing.

Try to duplicate a duplicated property label. The second one will not be a property label anymore but it becomes a static label.

So create a property label, duplicate it and you will get a duplicate of that property label, but if you duplicate the duplicate, you will get a static one next.